I’ve always struggled with my skin. From forehead and cheek breakouts to dark spots even when I don’t mess with pimples. I just am not one of those people who will ever have flawless skin — I envy those people, by the way. I have combination oily skin (oily T-zone) that is also sensitive. When it comes to anything beauty related, I will buy and try anything if it has potential for a positive result. It felt like I’d find a system that would work for a few months and then I’d be back to random breakouts that I can’t control regardless of diet, hydration or hormones. Each person’s skin is unique, of course, but if this sounds familiar to you in any way — you’re in the right place!
Finally, after years of trial-and-error I have a regimen that works great for me. Below, I’ve put together this list of every product I’m using. I do not use each product daily. I use a combination of these products that is appropriate for whatever is going on with my skin at the time. Within the first four weeks, I noticed positive results and I’ve now been relying on this assortment for a year. I hope you find something from my list and/or regimen that can work for you too!
Skin Care Regimen + Products
1. OleHenriksen Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser (Sephora, 2oz/$10)
2. Dr. Bonner’s All-One Hemp Baby Unscented Pure Castille Bar Soap (Ulta, $5)
3. Sephora Precision Pore Cleansing Pad (Sephora, $6)
4. Rodan & Fields ProActiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator (Proactiv, $30*)
5. Formula 10.0.6 “Pores Be Pure” Skin-Clarifying Mud Mask (Ulta, $7)
6. Mario Badescu Facial Spray w/Aloe, Herbs + Rosewater (Ulta, $7-12)
FYI: When my skin is really trippin’, I make an ACV+Water toner (1:3) to use for a week >> Bragg (Walmart, 32oz/$8.00)
7. Rodan & Fields ProActiv+ Pore Targeting Treatment (Proactiv, $30*)
8. Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel (Sephora, $65)
9. Rodan & Fields ProActiv+ Complexion Perfecting Hydrator (Proactiv, $30*)
10. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel w/ Hyaluronic Acid (Ulta, $20)
11. Clinique Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for FACE (Sephora, $27.50)
^The one pictured is what they had at the Sephora in Turkey at the time-
12. Burts Bees Renewal Smoothing Eye Cream (Ulta, $20)
13. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes (Ulta, $6)
14. Extra Virgin Cold-pressed Coconut Oil (Trader Joe’s, $6)
15. Sephora 3-in-1 Extractor (Sephora, $23)
*ProActiv+ is $30 for the 3-step system.
*Disclaimer: This post is simply based off my personal experience. I make sure I drink tons of water and eat a balanced diet which could also have an influence on my skin. If my list of products can’t help you find a solution to your skin issues it’s always good to see a dermatologist for a professional diagnosis/regimen.